EXPRESSIVE ARTS FOR GRIEVING PEOPLE

Day 5 of the 31 Day TLC Pledge

SELF CARE BOOT CAMP TIME!

The apartment I was trying to get into ended up being unacceptable. One night in apartment and could not sleep. There was a loud random snapping, tapping, knocking and groaning noise throughout the entire ceiling. Not just one place - it was everywhere. I can only guess that it is an entire second floor structural problem, not just the people above me or a heating unit that was causing the ceiling to emit sounds varying from once a second to once every 2 minutes.

The landlord checked it out and is giving a full refund of rent and deposits. Thankfully the landlord was ethical and respectful and did not try any weasely arguments.

Therefore, I had to move all my things back out - I am in temp housing in a whole different area of southern California...

What did self care mean in this situation?

Not forcing myself to trying to adapt and adjust to the noise.
Reasonably assessing the problem and determining that there was no "quick fix".
Advocating for my basic needs without being pressured into compromising my well being.
Asking and expecting reasonable responses from people.

So, I am a little off track - if I have time later today I will post suggested actions... so please be patient with me!

SEARCH THIS BLOG BY KEYWORDS